- Danish School of Education
- University of Aarhus
- Copenhagen Campus
- Tuborgvej 164
- Building D
- Talk at a Conference
Conference Title: UNIKE: University Futures
This conference aims to promote collective thinking about the future directions of universities in the knowledge economies of Europe and the Asia-Pacific Rim.
The conference asks:
How is a wide range of businesses and other stakeholders engaging with and reassembling the university? What is meant by internationalisation? Must it only be a strategic aim or can it be a participatory process? How are universities mobilised by nations and regions in the global knowledge economy? How can ideas from feminism and post-capitalism be used to create a liveable university? What would it mean to have an open system of higher education? Are there alternative ways of organising the university and its relations with society?
The Danish School of Education (DPU) at Aarhus University, Copenhagen Campus, will be the host of the conference.
The programme will include the following sessions:
- Reclaiming Feminism and its allies: (Re)Contructing the liveable university
- Reassembling Knowledge Production with(out) the University
- Mobilising universities in positioning nations and regions in the global knowledge economy
- Universities' relationship to society: Preparing public good audit of (existing and alternative) universities
- De-/Reconstructing "Internationalization"
- Openness - Closeness: Social contract and responsibility in Higher Education - engagement with society
The final programme will be made public in April 2016.